Thursday, March 1, 2012

Baby, Baby, Baby!

It's been a long time since I posted anything, but today is a very special day. Two amazing couples welcomed a son into the world today. I've been on baby watch since last night when we got the news that two mommas were starting labor. My work colleagues have been tuned in all day today, too because I was updating my phone trying to get the latest news every 10 minutes. They got to see the first little guy, but I'll have to show them the second little one tomorrow - he arrived a little later than expected. I've been there...I definitely signed up for long duration labor (not to be confused with long duration spaceflight - which is a lot less painful and has a better view). In fact, one of my coworkers told me I was having flashbacks as I got the updates about my friend's labor lasting several, several more hours than what I deem humane. For those taking notes, that's roughly one hour...two if I'm feeling generous. I absolutely love the end result of labor, but the process itself is not pleasant. Wait, that's not strong enough. It down right sucks (still don't think that is strong enough, but I'm working on my language...I can't have Spud's first words be "Damn it, Daytona!".

Speaking of the Spud, Liam Weston celebrated his 7th month in the world today. I find that hard to believe. I'm pretty sure I just had him...or maybe that's the flashbacks T was referring to today. He's a pretty amazing little man. He crawls, he pulls up to standing, he eats like a champ (like there was any doubt - you've all met his Dad, right?), and he is the absolute love of my life. I can't wait to hear the stories of the two new little ones, both their arrival stories and the stories that come as they start their life and explore their world. That's really my favorite part - watching Liam explore new things and make "discoveries". He discovers himself each morning in one of the pictures we have hanging up on the wall by the stairs. He has discovered that the iPhone is the coolest thing ever, especially when he's watching Liam Home Movies. My absolute favorite is when he discovers someone he loves has come home - that smile lights up the room.

Quick photo flashback to Liam's first day...to celebrate the first day of two special other little dudes!

I love my little man, and I can't imagine life without him. Even though he's
taken my world and turned it completely upside down, I wouldn't change a thing...except maybe sleeping late. I would like that to become a reality again.

19 comments: