Sunday, November 20, 2011

Got Teeth?


It's hard to believe that Liam has almost been here for 4 months. At the same time it seems like so long ago and yet not so long ago that he made his grand arrival (oh, don't worry...I haven't forgotten ANYTHING about those 37 hours). He's already growing up so fast. He has TWO teeth that have broken through his gums - the bottom center teeth. Those things are sharp...very, very glad he is a formula baby. He nearly broke the skin on my finger today when he decided he wanted to snack on my fingers instead of his. I guess Frank can finally claim a victory. He is teething, but it started around week 15 instead of week 6 like her initial claim. FYI to the masses, you should go buy stock in Tylenol - we are starting to go through it like nobody's business.

Besides the teething (which is so much fun for everyone...groan), he is very much in "discovery mode" lately. He's been curious regarding his surroundings for awhile, but now it's really entertaining to watch. He loves to go outside and watch the cars drive by and look at the plants. He's fascinated by football and NASCAR on the TV (so many moving colors!). And, he's learning causal relationships. This is what I imagine Liam is thinking - "If I push the button, the toy flashes and makes noise which is wicked awesome. If I keep doing it when mommy tells me to, I get laughs and claps. If I do it long enough after she's lost interest, she'll come take me out of the toy and snuggle me because the noise has driven her crazy." He's a pretty smart guy.

I also think he's realized that his room is amazing. It's usually dark when we go up there - we only have a nightlight on when we take him up for chow and rocking before putting him to bed. But the past few days during the "teething episodes" (teething episodes = no napping, fit throwing hours where nothing makes us happy), I've taken him up to his room to rock him in the chair. He likes to look at the whales and the fish on the wall. I'm not sure he realizes this is the same place we go every night, but at least it seems like he appreciates all of me and Thomas' hard work.

14 comments: