Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rolling Rolling Rolling

We've reached a new milestone - Liam can roll. Apparently front to back and back to front, but I've only witnessed front to back. He doesn't do it all the time, but it's happened enough times now to know it wasn't just a fluke (like the time he did it on the inclined couch cushion at 2 months and Thomas and I had a panic attack). He's also moving like crazy at night in his crib. He goes to sleep on his back with his head up near his mobile. When I walk up there in the mornings, he's either turned completely around with his head at the other end or he's all smushed up like he was in mid-turn and for some reason decided sleeping in the narrowest part of the crib is ideal. Either way, he's sleeping, so I guess it's all good. I'm too sacked out at night to know when he starts making his moves. I don't wake up until I hear the loud "come get me now!" fusses or my alarm clock (a rarity, but sometimes it beats Liam's built-in clock).

I'm also convinced that we really are teething now (Frank swears he's been teething since about week 6...no teeth yet). He's starting to get extra fussy at times, he can't keep his hand out of his mouth (yum...finger snack!), and he drools buckets. In general, he's still a really happy guy, but there are days (more so recently) where we go through the Liam checklist (diaper, food, book, swing, gym, stationary awesome thing, nap, playtime with Mommy and Daddy, lovey, etc.) to see what will make him happy, but sometimes it's a few hours before he decides he's at peace with the world. Of course, it could also be growing pains. The little monster is three and half months old, and, if my super accurate method (weigh self holding baby, weigh self, subtract) of weighing him is, well, moderately accurate, he's approaching 20 lbs. The scale said there was a 19lb 6oz difference between the two measurements, so I'm assuming he's at least 19lbs. He's shaping up to be a pretty big guy, but the good news is he's cute baby fat, and not overly chunky. Sure, he's got rolls, but in the cutest of places. Plus, Thomas is convinced that at least a pound or two of his weight is in his cheeks. They are so pinchable!

In other Liam news, he's learned how to stick out his tongue (thanks PJ). He thinks its funny, I think its funny that he thinks its funny, so we just crack each other up. There's nothing quite like a Liam laugh and smile. It can make a grown-up tough guy (i.e. Daddy), turn to absolute mush.


He may just be a little dude, but I'm pretty sure he's aware he has the two big people in his house wrapped around his little, slobber-soaked fingers.

17 comments: