Thursday, September 15, 2011

Postpartum...Check!

Today was my six week postpartum appointment. I'm happy to report that everything checks out okay and I was given the go-ahead to resume "normal" life...whatever that means these days. The appointment was actually a little bit of a letdown. After nine months of exciting appointments where you discover something new, hear a heartbeat, have an ultrasound, or any or all of the above, a brief chat and a prescription for birth control just really didn't do it for me. I did have to take a test, though. Just a few quick questions to make sure I'm not nuts - passed with flying colors. Still not as exciting as an ultrasound.

I guess it's about time to start getting it back together. I've actually had a strong urge to get the house in order - postpartum nesting, perhaps? I've cleaned and organized and recycled and donated and just have a few more things to tackle before I think I will have satisfied my itch. Impressive? Not really...I've been on massive "spring cleaning" kicks before and always feel the better for it. I'm more impressed that I managed to find the stamina to make it happen. That has been one of the most challenging aspects of recovery - I had NO energy. Even passing Liam off to Oma Frank and taking naps still did nothing for my energy levels. It's hard to function much less decimate closet clutter with the amount of energy I was working with...but it's all better now. Game on, closets of the Kamas household.

It's also back to work soon. That makes me a little nervous. I'm not worried about the work aspect - and I can't wait to see my co-workers and getting back to business - I'm worried about getting up, getting dressed, getting Liam ready, and making it out the door before 10am. I could totally do it if work started at 10:30ish...since it's more like 8ish, I'll have to find a system that works so I don't have to wake up at 5am to get started. I still have to get some sleep!

1 comment: