Sunday, September 25, 2011

The End is Near

Tomorrow marks 8 weeks on the planet for Liam. Man, has time gone by fast (it DID NOT go by even close to this fast during my time in the hospital...that felt like months). At least I've been wrapping up my maternity leave in style. Friday (aka the "Final Friday of Fun"), I had lunch with Liam, Frank and PJ down on the Kemah Boardwalk and spent some time walking around, enjoying the weather, and watching the boats sail by (I like to watch boats, not be on boats). Friday night we headed over to poker at Jessica and Dusty's where it was BYOB (bring your own baby). Liam finally got to meet his girlfriends, the minis. Although I can't say there was love at first sight, they definitely have things in common...love of bottles, ability to require diaper changes at a moment's notice, needing to be held by Mommy...hey, it's a start! I can't believe how big the minis are and how amazing they are - I can't wait for Liam to have control over his head and limbs like they do - it will be great to not have to worry about Liam headbutting me and for him to really be able to play in his favorite gym (although he can really give the big bee a good walloping). I didn't win at poker (and neither did Thomas), but I was happy to make a donation to the three champions for all the fun we had :)

Saturday, Thomas, Liam and I ventured downtown for a trip to Pottery Barn Kids. Taking me to PBK is always a very dangerous prospect, and now that they have "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" themed things, it is now also extremely dangerous to take Thomas there as well. We did manage to escape from there without too much damage to the bank account, and headed to lunch at PF Chang's. Liam managed to do some serious snoozing right up until I spooned my orange peel chicken on to my plate...oh the joys of motherhood ;-). Not to worry, the Kamas family is always (HA!) prepared. Since Thomas can eat at light speed (or faster...perhaps he's part neutrino), he downed his lunch and took over for me after a quick run to the bathroom for water to fill up bottle #2 - time to start bringing six oz with us - not four! Of course, when you are in that area, you have to get Sprinkles Cupcakes (it's a rule in our household), which I snacked on last night and plan on chowing on again today. I did yell at Thomas for getting too many cupcakes (there is such a thing when the finally-not-pregnant lady is trying to lose weight...in most normal cases, no such situation exists), but obviously, that is no longer a concern for me - I've given in to the deliciousness.

Today will be football (did I mention that I am in first place in Fantasy Football? That's right...ahead of all the boys!) and relaxation. Then, it's just Monday and Tuesday and back to work on Wednesday. Yikes!!!

3 comments: