Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The 150 Rule

I've decided I have a new rule. I'm calling it the "150" rule. Essentially, anytime the temperature + humidity = 150 or higher, I'm not getting out of my PJs...or my house. Now all I have to do is convince others to let me abide by this rule :) Actually, going to work in the morning isn't so bad. I usually get there between 7:45 and 8am, so the sun really isn't out in full force. When I leave in the afternoon though, the temps and the humidity are just flat out awful. I know, I know, my fellow Houstonians are thinking this isn't even close to awful, yet. I agree...but thanks to the space heater I'm carrying around, I'm already miserable. All I want to do is get a noodle and float like a hippopotamus in the pool - only my eyes and nose above the water. That will help me cool down and being buoyant sounds amazing.

Work has been a bit crazy lately, but good crazy. It helps keep my mind off the countdown (82 days to go, officially) and I love what I do and the people I work with. I'm fortunate to work in an office full of mommies (and one daddy) so they help keep me sane...and they haven't started laughing at the waddle yet. They've been there - they know.

Life is busy, even outside of work. This past Saturday was the first baby shower with the NASA crew...this coming Saturday is graduation...and the following weekend is the Rogers baby shower. I'm pretty sure I'm not going anywhere Memorial Day weekend. For three days, I will be in my PJs, in my bed, watching as many movies as my DVR can handle.

The NASA shower was awesome - I'm lucky to work and be friends with such an amazing group. Thomas was so excited when I brought all the stuff home. He immediately set to work putting things together, starting with the adorable play mat that Kelly and Katey got me. I was teasing him about how much more stuff he will have to put together over the years and he was saying how his dad used to curse and moan as he assembled Thomas' toys growing up. Thomas also mentioned how he (Thomas) was more "tech savvy" and wouldn't have as many problems putting toys together. Imagine my amusement when all of two minutes later he was cussing the plastic ring that wouldn't fit through the fabric loop...keep in mind this assembly required no tools and only a picture for instructions. More fun times to come - he still has to assemble a stroller, playpen and all sorts of other good stuff that we still need. I know these things are come with the "some assembly required" tag and I plan on being there to supervise the process so I can bear witness to the fun.

A big thanks go out to Deborah for putting the shower together - she is the balloon arch queen! Check out the cake - it's decorated just like the whale theme from Liam's room. And it was absolutely delicious...earning MMM Cupcakes a giant shout out. Her cakes are spectacular. It was great to hang out with everyone and I really appreciate all the presents for Liam. His nursery is really coming together.

It's the 28 week checkup tomorrow. The final checkup before they start happening every two weeks instead of every four, meaning we are getting ever closer to the big event. Maybe that's why I can't sleep lately...or maybe it's the 4 trips to the bathroom I make between 11pm and 5am.

No comments:

Post a Comment