Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Isn't It Too Early?

I guess I thought it was too early for Liam to have opinions, but he does have them (and is not shy about making them known!). For example, after spending the past several days helping out the Reduced Gravity team at Ellington Field (shameless friend plug - Go Sara Go!!), I know for a fact that Liam does not like airplane noise. Or at least not the really loud airplane noise you get as the T-38s take off with a roar. Each time one of the planes shoots off into the sky, I'm awarded with multiple sharp kicks to the belly. Hey, I put my ear protection in and its not so bad...doesn't he have built in ear protection-something kind of like the shuttle's water sound suppression system? Hang in there, little man, only a couple more days of airplanes.

Of course, he is Thomas and my kiddo so his opinions don't stop at airplanes. Here are a couple of other things Liam has opinions about:
1. Cookies and Cream ice cream - still doesn't like it, I'm not yet sure I can forgive him for that. However, we have compromised over Dairy Queen's Oreo Blizzard...not exactly Blue Bell, but a decent substitute.
2. Going to bed at a decent hour - if he doesn't think its time to sleep, I get kicked for a good 15 minutes.
3. Waking up at 6am - major dislike (and I'm on his side there). I'm assuming he's grumpy early in the morning because I get kicked and he throws in some rolling around (which makes me nauseous) for good measure.
4. The color green (oh, wait...that's me - but he probably wouldn't have liked it in his nursery either)

Sara reminds me that he gets 9 months, but I get 18 years. I like that outlook - driving your kids crazy is just one of the many perks that comes with parenthood. I know my parents took that idea to heart (love you Frank!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment