Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Countdown Continues

Well, the magic blog tracker says less than 100 days to go. That's a little scary...especially since those wonderful Braxton Hicks contractions have made their debut. I was thrilled in the hospital when the nurse said I had three contractions in 2.5 hours - I hadn't felt a thing, woohoo!! These new contractions, although very sporadic and random in nature, are not nothing. It's not exactly unbearable, but it's not exactly nothing either. They make my face contort in a way that has Thomas running across the room to make sure I'm okay. At least they don't happen that often.

The other awful part about the impending countdown is that it is only going to get hotter. Can I apply for a waiver regarding work clothes? I'm pretty sure that my sanity (and survival) may very well depend on the ability to show up to work in a tank top and shorts. I've been trying to get to work as early as possible so that it is "cool" when I walk in and the sun isn't out in full effect. I need to set a threshold or something - if the humidity is over 75%, just assume the pregnant lady isn't leaving the comfort of her air conditioned home and will be dialing it in. I'm already sweating non-stop, and let me just say that sweat + the major coverage of preggo clothing = red, itchy bumps all over the upper belly region. So not cool...like there isn't enough icky stuff already to deal with.

I've also started reading and rereading (and re-rereading) the labor and delivery section of all my preggo books. I'm hoping I get to bypass the labor part and just get the epidural and c-section (no judging...just expressing my personal preference and yes, I'm well aware that both options are really no picnic). Chances are, I'll get what I'm hoping for, especially with what is going in the heart department (no changes - all is good since I'm on the meds), but just in case, I'm "preparing" for the other choice. Let's just say these readings are inciting a little bit of a panic. How can such a short trip take so long and be so painful?!? Really - I'm pretty sure it is just a few inches...I'm perplexed that medical science has yet to figure out a way to make this a less arduous and painful process. Well, until the time comes, let the countdown continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment