Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Losing It

Pretty sure I've lost my marbles. Or at least most of my marbles. I make random mistakes on emails, documents, phone numbers, etc. all the time. I can't remember what I've told people I would do for them. It takes three times as long to accomplish tasks as it used to, and wouldn't you know it, I've got loads of school work to be finished. Yup, pregnancy brain has arrived and is in full effect. Some people think this is a myth, but I'm pretty sure most of my brain function (along with various other functions) has been devoted to a little person currently residing in my belly.

Again, I go back and say that one of the strangest things about pregnancy isn't the physical changes, but the mental changes. I'm definitely not a "normal Becky". By my very nature I'm a numbers whiz. I know my checking account number, bank routing number, and I can complete a debit card transaction without ever grabbing my card out of my purse (actually, that's kind of scary - I know the number, date of expiration, and the three digit code by heart - I must use it way too often!). Earlier this week, I couldn't even get the telecon number I use practically every other day right on an email...which of course I didn't notice until after the meeting. So not like me. I also spent today convinced an important event was on April 8 and not May 8 - and got to send multiple emails correcting myself. Complete and total loss of brain power.

I should come with a warning sign - or at least my emails should have something at the bottom letting the reader know what they are up against. If people can put "Forgive all spelling mistakes - this was sent from my iPhone", then surely I can write "Forgive all mistakes - I'm pregnant". I think that should suffice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment