Saturday, February 5, 2011

Back to Good...or Some Variation Thereof

After the most stressful week ever (cat, conference, ice, etc.), I think life is pretty close to back to normal. Of course, my definition of normal is probably not the same as yours. Case in point: I often tell my mother (aka Frank) that when I write my autobiography, I'm naming it Becky Kamas: More Normal Than I Have Any Right To Be. I think it might be the best title ever. However, due to the stress, my head has gone crazy. Whenever I'm stressed, I have psoriasis that kicks up into overdrive on my scalp. It's so gross and I'm so OCD that I can't help put pick and peel until it is all off (just to wake up the next day and its back). It's okay, you can be disgusted. I'm there with you, but there isn't much I can do about it except become unstressed (HA!!).

In an interesting turn of events, I've gone from craving savory, yummy things (like mashed potatoes, cheese toast, biscuits and gravy, and so on) to really sweet things. I want powdered donuts, Froot Loops, ice cream, chocolate, and anything else I can get my hands on. I try to counterbalance these cravings with leafy green good-for-me things, but I absolutely cannot go more than a few hours without eating something sweet. However, I would also like to take time to point out that according to my bathroom scale, I'm only up 8.8 lbs. I'm trying to keep it under 30 lbs, so I think I'm doing pretty good. I'm over a third of the way done and I've gained less than a third of my max. Other than the belly (which I had one any way), I don't think I look pregnant in the face (agree with me...please agree with me!!).

It's been a wild and crazy Saturday. This morning I gave a presentation at a big conference (all though my session wasn't big), and then I jumped in my car and caught up to Frank who was house shopping. I think she found the one! Good news, since I'm pretty sure that during dinner she agreed to watch two twin girls that will be making their appearance shortly in addition to the one that's coming in July. I have no doubt that Frank has super g-ma powers, but I don't think even her superpowers can overcome three crying, starving infants.

Time to head to bed...there was no nap today which means there is no way I can keep my eyes open much longer.

4 comments:

  1. I noticed tonight how unpregnant you look in the face! You really were glowing, and you know I wouldn't just say that. I almost asked you if you lost weight, but I was too busy inhaling my brownie sundae...oh the irony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great dinner. Good friends, amazing dessert and baby-sitting possibilities... who coudl ask for more?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup...that was definitely a top ten dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to see you again so I can tell you that you don't look pregnant anywhere but your belly. Reading your posts has made me miss you so much! Believe it or not, at random times I still think about "thinking like a Becky" and other wonderful Becky-isms from high school. I'm really glad to hear you and Thomas are doing well, and maybe sometime soon we can find an opportunity to get together.

    ReplyDelete