Saturday, February 12, 2011

How can 24 hours seem so long?

So I want everyone to get an idea of what a typical day is in the life of this pregnant woman. I'll do a workday because unfortunately, there are far more workdays than non-workdays. Anyways, here it goes:

Midnight
At this point, I'm in bed, in some semi-state of sleep.

1:00am
Nightly bathroom break of the night #1. It doesn't matter if I went to bed at 8pm or midnight...this is when nature calls. I've been falling back asleep fairly quickly after this one. I can usually get a few hours of sleep in until...

3:30-4:30am
Nightly bathroom break #2 comes sometime during this period. I can't fall asleep after this one because Thomas gets up around this time so I hear him moving around. He's quiet, but I still hear him. Apparently pregnancy comes with more than just supersonic smelling powers. Sometimes I read, sometimes I watch TV after Thomas leaves, and sometimes (on rare occasions) I manage to grab a few more hours.

6:30 - 8:00am
Time to get up, find clothes that sort of fit (or at least cover up the belly panel), take a shower, eat Froot Loops, dry hair while sitting on the edge of the bathtub...etc. Amazingly, I can usually make it out the door by 7:30 - 7:45, earlier if it's a non-shower morning. Off to work...

8:30 - 9:00am
This time of the morning is also known as "second breakfast". The Froot Loops that I eat at 6:30 in the morning don't last too long before its time for protein. I usually pop downstairs to the cafeteria to get eggs or sausage. No laughing...second breakfast is extremely important to my ability to function the rest of the day.

9:00am - 5:00pm
Email, phone call, email, phone call, meeting, meeting, meeting, snack, meeting, lunch, meeting, email, snack, email, snack, email, email, email. Yup...that's pretty accurate.

5:00
Dinner. At this point it has been at least 1 hour since a snack. Since I don't eat second lunch, it's important we eat dinner almost immediately upon my arrival home.

5:30 - 10:00pm
I do some school work, watch some TV, usually eat a snack, but the main goal during this time period is to avoid all work. This is difficult because Thomas is hellbent on getting me off the couch to fold laundry or unload dishes. Obviously, he has yet to comprehend how busy I really am...My best bet to get out of working is to take a nap. Of course, this is not that difficult because I can fall asleep almost on command at this point.

10:00 - midnight
Reading the Kindle in bed while shining the light in Thomas' face (or not...depends on how much I was put to work in the previous hours) and then tossing and turning until comfortable.

Basically, that was the long way of saying my day is mostly made up of eating, bathroom breaks (I only included nightly ones - too many to list during the day), and sleeping or trying to sleep. This + creating life...I'm a busy, busy person. Hear that Thomas?? I'm busy and don't need additional work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment