Thursday, February 24, 2011

She's a Brick...

House. No, seriously. I'm a house. Currently a modest 1 bed/1bath, but on my way to a full blown McMansion. No longer can I put on a pair of pants that have a button. If it doesn't stretch, it doesn't fit. Yet I somehow have to put together an outfit for tomorrow night that is sophisticated enough to go to the symphony (no worries, Sara, I'm not calling in pregnant...who else can be your truly designated driver?). Fat chance with the clothes in my closet. I'm already sweating my butt off and it's been nice (relatively speaking) weather in Houston. Prepare yourselves colleagues, once summer gets here in the next 2.5 weeks, I'm coming to work in tank tops and the cutoff shorts I'm making out of my maternity pants. Thus, sophisticated attire seems unlikely to randomly appear tomorrow morning. I'll do my best, though.

Back to the size-of-a-house issue. In addition to the growing belly, two things slightly further north are calling in the contractors for an expansion as well. So not cool. I'm about 2 seams away from busting my way into a whole new letter. I'm really familiar with my current letter. It's been there since high school (when, of course, it was accompanied with a much nicer number in the front). It even stayed with me in college when the number in the front increased...in fact, it got a friend. Now that it has added yet another friend to the mix, I'm afraid it's almost time that we part ways. This is a sad occurrence, especially since even the fat girl store has only one bra style that comes in this new letter. Here's hoping we'll meet again someday, my friend.

On the plus side, my feet are still their normal size, and I think my fingers have actually gotten smaller. My rings slide off all the time. Not exactly ideal, but way better than having super swollen digits. One the minus side, and non-house size related, I'm up an average of 3-4 hours during the middle of the night. For no reason. But I am getting a lot of reading done. I've almost finished A Wrinkle in Time, and when that's over, I'm starting The Hobbit. I'm regressing, apparently. Back to all my favorite childhood books. I wonder if I can download the entire Babysitters' Club series on my Kindle...I used to have almost all of them - I think there were at least a hundred. Or maybe Little House on the Prairie, or The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. Bring it on, librarians...I apparently have nothing but time.

No comments:

Post a Comment