Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A White Flag Day

Okay, so for the past several weeks, things have been going really smoothly. Other than frequent trips to the bathroom and a few sleepless nights, I've been coasting...until today. I've been feeling dizzy off and on the past several days, and when I went to get blood drawn this morning, I was talking to the nurse about my symptoms. She took my blood pressure and it was a little high, so she suggested I make an appointment with my OB, stat. No problem, my doctor is amazing and I got in almost immediately. My blood pressure wasn't bad (138/86), but not great. What they couldn't get to slow down was my pulse rate...a pounding 126 bpm even after resting.

So what now? Well, I get to go see the cardiologist tomorrow to see if I'm having any problems with my heart. I'm also supposed to rest, take it easy, and in general REMAIN CALM. Sure...no problem. I've also been banned from getting on an airplane and going to San Fran. Very disappointing, I was looking forward to going. But, my health and that of the baby's is the most important. Plus, I have absolutely amazing colleagues that take care of me. I'm so lucky to have everyone in my office - they keep me going.

The dizziness comes and goes in waves. Right now, nothing, but 10 minutes from now, the room could be spinning as if I just drank the Lobsterita (if you haven't had one, I don't recommend...it's a margarita the size of a swimming pool with extra tequila shot-I swear that wasn't what I wanted, but I wasn't allowed to get up from the table until I finished it...which of course, I did). Fingers crossed that the cardio doc can figure out my latest issue...and fingers doubly crossed that it isn't something that puts me to bed for the next 22 weeks. I'm thinking positive thoughts, T, I swear!! However, this definitely goes down as a white flag day...I'm waving it, eating my dinner, and going to bed.

3 comments:

  1. Just a PS...I wasn't pregnant when I drank said Lobsterita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even on your crazy days, you manage to make me laugh. We are all here to take care of you and baby so just holler if you need anything. The girls in the Office and B20 are ready at a moment's notice. Rest easy - it will all be ok.

    The Other T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was totally gonna comment on the Lobsterita and being pregnant, so I am glad you cleared that up. Rest up, and let Thomas wait on you hand and foot...oh wait, he already does. Well, make him do the dishes too...=)

    ReplyDelete