Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Our First Gig 'Em

Today was a good doctor day (they really haven't been fun visits lately) because we found out that we are having a baby boy! Although our son was very uncooperative for much of the ultrasound, he did give us a "Gig 'Em" sign...he's an Aggie already! We got all great news - everything is developing as it should be. We saw the four chambers of the heart, the two hemispheres of the brain, and what the ultrasound technician referred to as his third leg. Her words, not mine. I'm glad she knew what she was looking for because I wouldn't have been able to tell from what we could see on the screen. They did take lots of measurements, and the baby is almost a week ahead of how big he is supposed to be, especially leg measurements. It looks like I'm having a giant...

Even though it was totally awesome to see the baby during the ultrasound and learn the sex, the best part of the whole experience was watching Thomas. I'm not sure he blinked for the entire process. His eyes never left the screen! This was the first ultrasound he's been to - I was probably like that for my first one, too.

Now that we know the details, it's time to start buying things! I've had my eye on this adorable whale bedding at Pottery Barn Kids since about the week after we found out we were having a baby. It's finally time to let the swiping of the plastic begin! It's also time to start getting serious about names. I've got about half the alphabet left to go in the name book, guess it's time to get started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment