Thursday, January 6, 2011

Game On Pregnancy Symptoms

There are a few posts to read to catch up...I'm late in the game to distribute the URL to the blog, so you may want to start with the first and catch up to this one.

As the morning sickness exits stage left, there are a whole host of new symptoms waiting in the wings to take its place. I have no modesty - I'll put it all out there warts and all -(1) I've got constipation like nobody's business, (2) a UTI, (3) heartburn that likes to kick in around 2am, and (4) an aversion to my favorite cookies and cream ice cream. I think the last one might be the worst.

So what does all this mean? Well, (1) prune juice and what I call "wheatabix" gross Metamucil fiber crackers, (2) medicine and Day-Glo orange pee, (3) no sleeping from 2am-3am, and (4)one pissed off preggo that however is slightly relieved to discover ice cream sandwiches are an acceptable substitute.

I've also reached my low point. My "skinnier Becky" pants will not zip and (hang head low), most of my "fat Becky" pants won't either. I've worn maternity pants to work this week. Let's just say they don't do much for my flat ass (not that any pants do), nor do they make me feel like less of a fat blob. It's also extremely important to wear long shirts to cover up the oh-so-sexy belly panel.

Work continues, even though there is almost a constant need for a break, whether it is to grab my 10am (or 11am, or 12pm, or 1pm...) snack or to take a much needed "rest" since napping is not in the cards. The best news is that I work in an office full of mommies, so I get lots of great advice and they all answer my (often) ridiculous questions and help ease my (never unfounded) fears. Plus, my "office mom" is trying to make sure I eat good-for-me things, and not the good tasting things. Note: Good-for-you and good tasting rarely intersect, at least not in preggo world.

And the journey continues...

1 comment:

  1. All GREAT news! I've started knitting. You are so lucky that your morning sickness ended at 10 weeks. I know you don't FEEL lucky, but I was puking every morning until 24 weeks with Joaquin. Ugh. We are so happy!

    ReplyDelete