Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Another Day in Preggo Land

That number on the pregnancy counter keeps inching closer and closer to 0 days to go. Not that I think I really have 47 days. The goal is to make 37 weeks, which is really more like 26 days from now. I don't go back to the doctor until next week, but she's been keeping close tabs on me. I'm on orders to "scale back" and take it easy. Her main concern is that the size of the baby, plus stress, the heat, my heart condition, etc. all add up to an increased risk of early delivery. As long as Liam is fully baked, I'm all in for an early delivery - I'm at my limit.

The latest in a long line of pregnancy-related fun? Heat rash on the upper back part of my legs - yup, right under my tail, which, for the record, has not increased in size. I was actually looking forward to that symptom because I have no butt. It was going to be nice to have a little junk in the trunk. At any rate, Thomas has to medicated-powder me so that it doesn't get any worse. Good thing he loves me. It's basically from sitting all day (let's face it - you know I'm not moving unless I have to) and sweating. I sweat all day, every day. It comes with the territory of living in Houston in the summer.

One of the final pieces of Liam's nursery is on its way. I ordered a chair from Amazon...by accident...sort of. I was looking at chairs on Amazon and had put one I liked in my cart to see how much shipping was going to be. Apparently, I'm signed up for "one-click checkout". The chair was on its way to me before I even had a chance to process what I'd done. Good thing I like the chair. The only thing left is to find a small white bookshelf for all of Liam's books. He's got a lot thanks to the "give a book instead of a card" baby shower request. I love it - anyone that knows me knows I love books. I'm pretty addicted to my Kindle, but nothing beats the feel and smell (yup, smell...I love library smell) of a good book.

In other interesting news, my "Pregnancy Action for the Day" (per my pregnancy iPhone app - yes, I know, I know...) is to pack my hospital bag. So, in true Becky fashion, I'll soon be making a list of everything that should go in said hospital bag (two reasons behind the list - 1. I have to make pack lists - it's how I organize and 2. I have to make lists these days or I will forget stuff). The best part of that first step is that there will bound to be things on the list that need to be purchased. I'm not actually venturing out in the heat to a store or anything, but I've become an amazing online shopper. I've had lots of free time lately to do some serious surfing. Since school ended, I've had to find something to fill my time. Let's face it - without something to do, I will go nuts. I can only do nothing for so long (FYI for Thomas - cleaning does not constitute "something to do" - I need mental stimulation, not physical labor). Soon enough, I'll have something, I mean someone, to keep me very, very busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment