Thursday, June 30, 2011

July Starts Tomorrow? Yikes!

It's official - tomorrow starts July. There's no putting it off now, in just a few short hours we will be in Liam's birth month. It would be great to know the date, but unfortunately, that's not exactly how the process works. Plus, there are so many friends and family birthdays in July - it would be nice if he could have his own day. July 1st is open, right?

I think we are ready for his arrival. We've got the car seat installed, the nursery is finished, my hospital bag is (almost) packed, I'm working on the "to call" list...I'm sure there are 1000 more things to do that I can't even think of. The good news is that now I'm awake from about midnight to 3am each night, so I've been working on "projects". "Projects" for me generally start by making a mess and then cleaning said mess up. It's how I operate. I need everything in a pile in front of me, and then I can begin the sorting process. Hence, until the latest project is complete, Thomas is not allowed in the loft. My process is not anywhere close to his process, but at least I have some spare time in my day (I mean night) to get some additional baby work done.

Pregnancy acne has been going crazy lately...I was doing good there for a while, now I have white bumps everywhere. I"m sure the heat isn't helping, but seriously, how can there be so many!?! At least make-up can cover most of them. In better news, this weekend is a three-day weekend. Not that I'm super excited - I'm not going anywhere or doing anything - but its three days of pure rest and relaxation...until some idiot neighbor shoots off a firework. Then, I'll be off my perch (i.e. the couch) and outside tracking that person down. People in the neighborhood shot off fireworks for hours last year (illegally, of course), and there is no reason to think they are going to be any more intelligent this year.

Wednesday is the day I'm trying to make it to. It's the day of more information (which you know I need to function). We'll get the ultrasound that gives us information about the size of Liam, and then we get to talk to the doctor who is finally ready to talk about labor and delivery. Apparently they do this on purpose. Then you only have a limited time to panic about what is about to happen once you are armed with "real" information. Hopefully we can establish some sort of plan that I can trick myself into believing will actually be the way things will happen. It's worth a shot. I haven't really been that emotional throughout the pregnancy, but something tells me that once we get passed Wednesday, that may change. It's getting very real, very quickly...but I'm ready to meet the little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment