Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"Little" Liam

Today we had our ultrasound and it turns out that with still over three weeks to go, little Liam is not so little. He is already checking in right around 7lbs. Assuming he can gain around a half-pound a week, he could easily be a 9lb baby. That being said, the doctor says the best thing to do is let nature take its course and decide when he is supposed to come rather than being induced. Of course, I'm now to the point where I see her once a week so we get to reassess the situation on a pretty frequent basis.

Today was also my first internal exam so they can check to see how I'm progressing. I'm not a big fan of pain, but I'm not a total wimp either. Let's just say that it took everything I had to not jump off the table and go screaming down the hall towards the elevator and never look back. I wasn't quite prepared for how bad it would hurt. Regular "girl exams" are unpleasant and sometimes uncomfortable but not painful. This was ridiculous. Turns out the answer to the progression question is "not at all"...although I have to admit I wasn't really paying attention to what she was saying while it was going on. I did manage to make it through dinner but have pretty much spent the last hour curled up in the fetal position (a little ironic) in bed.

My next appointment is on the 12th...not really looking forward to it anymore. I would like to go back to the pee in the cup, check weight and blood pressure, see the doctor for 2 seconds to make sure everything is going okay visits. I liked those a lot more.

1 comment: