Monday, July 11, 2011

Another Long Night

So it's another long night in preggo-land. I'll be up bright and early at 8am for my official work start, and you think that would make me able to fall asleep at night, but no. Tomorrow I'll be in the same place I am in tonight - exhausted but unable to drift off to dreamland. All the animals are passed out around me and I can hear Thomas snoring in the bedroom...probably all snuggled up with my body pillow. That's okay, I'll steal it away when I finally decide it's worth an attempt at snoozing.

My next doctor's appointment is on Tuesday, and hopefully we will learn that we are making some sort of progress. Today (I'm saying it's Monday since it's past midnight as I write) marks 37 weeks and 1 day, officially full-term. Any thing beyond today is just bonus growth for Liam...and I'm not sure how I feel about him getting "bonus" days. I don't think he needs bonus days. Especially since he's managed to wedge his feet under both sides of my ribs.

I'm finding ways to pass my downtime. I've pretty much surfed the entire internet, I've played hidden object games and word jumbles (I like the one on the Kindle - added bonus is the bright light Thomas has to contend with) and I'm pretty sure I'm now caught up on any TV episode I could ever have wanted to watch. It would be nice if the weather would cooperate for a few days, drop down into the seventies and I could take a nice long walk (with the hope of starting labor), but no such luck. There is no way I'm venturing outside given the current conditions (plus I think my doctor might kill me). The farthest I manage to go is to my parents' house, just a short 3 minute ride from my own house. Every now and then a girl needs a change of scenery.

Liam likes to bounce around at night more so than during the day. Of course my kid will be a night owl - that's only fair since that's how I operate. I've been a night person for as long as I can remember. Honestly, if a "real day" could be from noon to midnight instead of say 8 to 8, I would be in heaven. My body refuses to accept the fact that just because the sun is up, I should be too. I guess that's why they make alarm clocks...you know I'll be needing mine tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment