Thursday, July 7, 2011

Worn Out Preggo Alert

I'm pretty sick and tired of being sick and tired. I can't sleep at night, and then it takes everything I have to stay awake during the day. I've actually been taking a nap almost every day during my lunch break just so I can continue to function during the day. Thank goodness for work, though. It's been keeping me occupied during the day and makes me focus on things other than being extremely uncomfortable. The sick part hasn't been too bad - it's mainly heartburn and an occasional round of nausea most likely brought on from being repeatedly kicked/kneed/elbowed in the stomach. Pretty sure I'm about to reach my limit, throw in the towel, and all the other sayings that are appropriate for this situation.

I'm trying hard not to complain too much. I'm certainly not the first woman in the world to be pregnant. I'm really just to the point where I'm more frustrated than anything. Even though work keeps me busy, it gets really lonely here at home during the day. Although at least three of the four furry children are always by my side while I'm working (sometimes one furry child, MECO, decides he wants to nap on my laptop), it's just not the same as being in the office and having people to talk to. Being lonely coupled with being uncomfortable plus being so close to the end but not knowing when it is coming is really just becoming too much. I've done fairly good at keeping it together during the pregnancy. I haven't had many mood swings and other than being beyond forgetful and sometimes not being able to use proper grammar or do functional math, I've pretty much "normal". That's recently gone out the window. I'm definitely becoming more emotional...and that's frustrating too because it's not the norm for me.

As I write this, Liam is practicing karate in my belly. Actually, he's just practicing on one side of my belly. One side is sticking out about 2 inches past the other side and he's pushing HARD. He can't have much room left in there to move around. Even though he's head down, he's still very active. I keep reading that the amount of movement decreases as you get closer to the end because they have less room to move around. He still manages just fine to jam his feet under my ribs and punch me with whatever room he has. If anything, I think the movement has gotten a lot stronger. If I miss any part of being pregnant, it will probably be those amazing and reassuring movements I feel throughout the day. Pretty sure I won't miss much else...

1 comment: