Friday, July 29, 2011

A Note to Liam and TMI for Everyone Else

Dear Liam,
Consider this your eviction notice. It's time to come out. You were meant to be a July baby, and you are very quickly running out of time. The tropical storm isn't coming to Houston, Debs is going to Louisiana for the weekend (which she's doing for me - obviously if she canceled her trip you wouldn't come), we've managed to get all the cat hair out of your bed...what more could a little guy possibly ask for? Plus, I've been in a lot of pain off and on the last couple of days, maternity leave has officially started and the UPS man delivered the diaper bag yesterday. The ball is in your court. I've done everything I can to get ready for you. Time to hold up your end of the bargain little dude. Thanks - Mom.

WARNING - Possibly TMI Below - WARNING

My mucous plug has been coming out for the past two days. It's pretty gross, but a good sign. Of course, it doesn't mean that labor will soon be upon us, but still, it's another step in the right direction. After the contractions and pains I've been having the last few days, I'm pretty hopeful we've surpassed the 2cm/70% effacement mark set at the last appointment. Still not labor, yet, though. I like to think of myself as a fairly patient person. Not anymore. My patience is done. I want this over and done with - I DO NOT want to show up to my appointment on Tuesday (40 weeks, 2 days). While it's true that my due date isn't technically until Sunday, this kid has been measuring at least a week ahead, which (by my personal, professional diagnosis) that he is LATE

What happened to the "it's important that you take it easy and make it to 37 weeks - that's our goal"? If I would have continued pushing myself, hoofing my way into work each morning instead of working from home, could this have all ended weeks ago? Before, as Thomas so delicately puts it, Liam is big enough to come crawling out? Guess we will never know.

Until there is enough information for another update (like hopefully one titled - My Water Broke!), I'm curling up and watching Project Runway.

8 comments: