Sunday, July 17, 2011

No news is...well, no news

It's the start of Week 38 and no end in sight. I did manage to get a really great nap in today, but since I managed to fall asleep at 7:15pm, there's a really good chance that now that I'm up and moving again, I won't see the backs of my eyelids again until the it's technically Monday. Then it's up and "off to work" (i.e. grabbing my laptop off the charger and bringing it into bed) for another week of trying to keep my mind off of what is not happening.

The doctor suggested walking (among other things) to help get labor started, and Thomas has been encouraging me to get off my tail and Jessica even invited me to take a stroll with her and her babies (I had every intention of going...the aforementioned nap-time interfered!) I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow evening, but anyone that has been anywhere with me lately (and I haven't been many places - I've been following doctor's orders to take it easy and make sure I don't overexert myself...have to keep the heart rate and stress down, plus I get really swollen when I spend any amount of time on my feet) knows that I'm moving about the speed of snail. In fact, last night after enjoying a casual family dinner out, we all were walking to the car and about 60 seconds into the walk, four heads look back to realize that I'm 30 paces behind, breathing hard and in general, hating life. It's a conundrum...which orders (from the same doctor I might add) to follow? Rest, relax and take it easy - don't get worked up OR attempt to make it further than the amount of steps it takes to reach the car in an effort to kick-start my body?

Tomorrow is my birthday which fits in with Thomas' plan to ensure I'm "old" when Liam is born (old = same age as Thomas, not that I'm not almost an entire year younger...and he won't be "older" in a couple of months). My mother is convinced Liam is coming tomorrow; however, the official prophet has spoken and decreed the 20th the day. For those that don't know, the official prophet/source of information in the Rogers household for the past several years has been a pink pig that serves as a dry erase board. The pig is how the family keeps up with what is going on, from countdowns to status updates. I don't even remember when the pig appeared, I just know that if you need to get any information to the family, the best place to put it is on the pig because everybody checks the pig. The pig currently says Liam is arriving on 07/20/2011. (Remember - I can't make this stuff up - this is how my family operates...) I guess we will see on Wednesday if the pig knows his stuff.

1 comment: