Sunday, June 19, 2011

Nursery Complete!


So we are finally done! Liam's nursery is all decorated the way we want and now we are just waiting for his arrival. Sure, there are still things we need (I'm learning quickly you can't have too many receiving blankets or burp rags) but the decorating part is done. We just finished assembling the chair and bookshelf and hanging the fishing pole on the wall. I feel a significant sense of accomplishment...this was a major undertaking. The whales and fish you see on the wall are all courtesy of Thomas. Actually, most of the projects in the room are courtesy of Thomas - I served in a supervisory capacity.

I knew I wanted a whale theme from the moment I saw the Pottery Barn Kids bedding...and fortunately, the baby complied. I guess whales could go boy or girl, but it reads far more masculine than feminine to me. Plus, if I was having a girl, there was NO WAY that room wouldn't have been filled with pink frilly things. Thomas would have been cutting out butterflies and flowers instead of whales and fish :)

Now that we've checked the nursery off our list, it's off to other baby-related things. Hospital bag packing, birthing classes (next weekend...I'm sure I'll have an interesting blog entry for you after that experience)...and of course, Liam's arrival.




1 comment: